kanashimi no tenshi: just let me cry...

My tears are not free. Every drop amounts to a piece of your heart. So when I cry you a river, prepare to give me you heart. and I'll welcome it with a kiss. (012407)

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Launch

I apologize for blogging this late. My computer broke down and I had to wait till classes start again today so I could use one of these computer shops in Dapitan...

+ Greetings:

Belated Happy birthday to the Estacio twins, Katre and Kat. I miss you guys!! I hope you had a nice time celebrating your birthdays! mwah!!

Belated Happy Birthday to our class president, your excellency, Mitch Velete.

Congratulations to 9th Avenue for launching your first album. I've already had the chance to listen to all the songs and I think they were all great! :) Good job!

Congratulations to my besty, Karl, percussionist of 9th Avenue. Tequila Nights is a favorite! :) and to Edu Reyes, for writing all the good songs!

+ The launch...

Last friday night, Mela and I were at Eastwood City, Libis for the 9th Avenue album launch. It was generally a lovely night... For my wardrobe, however, I thought it wasn't as good as I expected. It was presentable enough but I still looked basura over Mela's outfit. It was okay, after all, I was just there to check out the band.. but then, it was Eastwood! I generally looked like basura compared to all those people there. It was my first time at EC.

The rain didn't fall down that day but as my father was driving us to the location, the rain began to pour. Good thing the band didn't postpone -again. (They were supposed to hold the launch last Aug. 12 but moved last friday because the weather wasn't cooperating.) Buti na lang, the rain stopped before the show started.

Mela and I ate dinner at Pasto and drank Margaritas while watching the show. It was great! After finishing a glass of Margarita, I felt my cheeks hot (and red).

The opening band was an acapella one. I can't recall the name but Mela has a friend there.It was very coincidental. Hahaha!!

The show was not very hyped but I say the songs they picked to play were great. I loved most of them. Ate Lady and Ate Tish were great singers, as well as Daryll who I've already heard sing when I was in highschool. Ate Tish told mela she was pretty. Hehe~!

After the show, Besty Karl said our names on the microphone and I could feel others looking at us. Thrill...

Besty gave us free CD copies of their album and 2 posters which we had signed by all members of the band. Then Mela and I took turns of having our picture taken with Edu. LOL Edu, the cute person of the night, said: "Diba kayong dalawa yung nasa kanan ng stage? Ikaw si Jam at ikaw si Carmela." I only nodded with a smile. Sabi ko sa kanya nakasama ko na s'ya sa Culture Club before at natandaan n'ya.

While we're hanging out with him and Besty, their talent manager, Mr. Cesar Beundia, went to us and gave us invites. Besty introduced me as his besty and Mr. Buendia said, "She's pretty ha!" Coming from a talent manager, it really felt good. :)

I had a great time because of Besty. I really felt that I was a very important person. Thanks Besty!!!

+ People, bili kayo ng 9th Avenue CD. Maganda!!+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home