kanashimi no tenshi: just let me cry...

My tears are not free. Every drop amounts to a piece of your heart. So when I cry you a river, prepare to give me you heart. and I'll welcome it with a kiss. (012407)

Saturday, April 15, 2006

the weak shall die and the strong shall live. - Shishio from Samurai X. ahahaha

The whole holy week was supeeeer hectic for me. I was busy from Wednesday until last night.

Last wednesday, we arranged and designed the camarin of the Santo Entierro with flowers and brought it to the Ynares Plaza in downtown at 11 PM. It was put there with the other saints for exhibit the next day.

Maundy Thursday: some of my relatives and I went to the plaza to stay by the entierro so nothing of our possessions would be lost. There were so many people already... there was also a Pasion ng Bayan thing. Of course, Santo Entierro mostly became the 'main attraction'. My Uncle Pio (who's the same age as me) came with my Lola Ceci from La Union. My Tita Jelyn (who's the same age as my sister) and her boyfriend, JB also came from Laguna.

We barely slept after coming home at 5:30 am after the Pasion ng Bayan. we had to bring the entierro back to my grandmother's place to dress it up anew and do some more cleaning.

Good Friday: we woke up at 8:30, yearning every minute we could get to close our eyes but unfortunately we had to go back to my grandma's place to help with the chores there. we had to design the camarin with flowers, help with the giving of food to those who were reading the passion of Christ and those who were claiming to be 'nagpapanata' who visited the entierro before the procession and run errands for the 'authorities' aka the elders.

then at 3 pm, the women relatives including me, brought the santo entierro to its camarin... unfortunately, other non-relative women came under the entierro's bed that it already became so crowded my Mom and I had to go out or else we'd be squished.

what I did was to shove all the men who were touching the saint's body and bed when the instruction given was only women were allowed to touch it first. and the men were supposed to just bring the camarin to the church in downtown...

also, Ron Aldrin's (X) siblings were sooooo i-don't-know-what cos they were calling me over and over and pointing me to strangers who were probably their relatives saying, "yan si ate Jama." then the strangers would nod, looking at me with their funny-yet-scary facial expressions. ...Ron must be telling them things about me. I'm gonna kill that guy.

then we went home at 1 am after almost being killed at the procession. (yeah, the procession of the Santo Entierro is always deadly here in Binangonan. that's why it was called Santo Giwang-giwang because it sways and it takes people with it. and that's also the main reason why it's always the main attraction... because people here love to see others get hurt and sweaty. the procession lasts for almost 6 hours because of the Giwang-giwang.)

i was sooooo exhausted.

but it was fun, i wanna get inside the river of sweaty men and almost be murdered again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home